We recognize how important family and friends are to the health and recovery of our patients, so we encourage them to visit patients at East Jefferson General Hospital. To that end, our team members would like to make the visitor experience a pleasant one. Please feel free to ask a team member if you have any questions or concerns or contact Guest Services.
The following guidelines are designed to ensure that our patients and visitors stay is as safe and comfortable as possible:
- General visiting hours are from 8:00 am to 8:30 pm daily.
- Certain nursing units have their own designated visiting times. Please ask a team member for the unit's visiting hours.
- Children may visit in a private room unless otherwise directed by the patient's physician. Children must be supervised by an adult visitor and must remain in the patient's room.
- Visits by children in semi-private rooms are discouraged.
- Children are not allowed to visit in isolation or critical areas without specific orders from the patient's physician.
- One overnight visitor may stay in a private room. One overnight visitor of the same sex may stay in a semi-private room.
- Certain circumstances may allow exceptions to these guidelines. Please consult the charge nurse if you have a special request.
Emergency Department Visitors
- Each visitor must present a picture ID to obtain a visitor pass.
- All secondary visitor passes must be returned to Security before leaving the Emergency Department.
- One visitor is allowed to remain with the patient at all times.
- A secondary visitor is allowed to visit the patient as allowed by the Emergency Department charge nurse.
ICU Visitors (3rd Floor)
- Visiting hours are 5am to 6am, 10am to 6pm, 8pm to 10pm