Since East Jefferson General Hospital opened its doors in 1971, volunteers have played a vital role in caring for our community. Today, our dedicated volunteers continue to give their time, energy and talents to almost every department in the hospital.
Volunteer opportunities exist in our business offices, nursing units, information desks and other areas. No matter what your interests and abilities are, we have a place for you as an East Jefferson General Hospital volunteer.
Benefits of Volunteering
Volunteering offers many benefits, including:
- Flexible weekday and weekend work hours
- A sense of satisfaction from serving your community
- Opportunities to network, build your resume, and learn more about healthcare careers
- Social and recognition events
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Opportunities to learn new things and keep your skills current
- Eligible to receive discounted or free Wellness Center membership based on hours served
- Participation in health and wellness screenings
Becoming a volunteer is easy. You can also apply online by clicking here or come by our Volunteer Services office, located on the first floor of the hospital for an application. Our staff will assist you individually to complete the process and match you with a department or area that you are most interested in. For more information, call (504) 503-5548.