For more information about the disease management programs, contact the Wellness Center at (504) 503-6868. You must have a physician referral to participate.
Fybromyalgia Aquatics Program
This specialty class is designed to improve muscle tone, endurance, and flexibility. Class is done in slow controlled movements along with gentle stretches for the tender points.
MS (Multiple Sclerosis) Aquatics Program
This program is designed to address the special needs of individuals who have physical limitations as a result of their disease. This program is conducted in a temperature controlled pool (84 degrees) to help promote flexibility, strength, and endurance, as well as, prevent fatigue.
Joint Wellness Program
The program is available for individuals who have recently completed the physical rehabilitation process following joint replacement surgery. Intended to ensure independence and proper function of the joint. Exercises performed are specific to continually improve strength, balance, stability and flexibility of the replaced joint.
Live Well With Cancer Program
Live Well with Cancer is a disease management program built around YOU. Recent studies strongly suggest that regular exercise and appropriate nutrition during and after treatment can have a profoundly positive effect on your recovery, including your risk of cancer reoccurrence. This program is designed to fit your needs at every phase of your cancer journey, from diagnosis to survivorship. This unique program is delivered in an educational, progressive manner, providing safe and effective exercise training, support groups and therapy for the mind, body and spirit.
You will train in small groups with a health fitness instructor and will have access to our Yoga and Tai Chi classes. Our goal is to enhance your physical, functional and emotional well-being through multiple wellness avenues.
Program is $59 and meets three days per week for 6 weeks.
- Meet with your fitness instructor on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:30 to 11:30am or 6:30 to 7:30pm at the Wellness Center.
- On Fridays, a family member or friend can join you for no extra charge for activities such as meditation, reiki, massage and a nutrition class. Friday classes are from 10:30 to 11:30am and are located in the Yenni Treatment Center at 4200 Houma Blvd at the rear of the hospital.
- September 30 Oncology Yoga - at the Regional Cancer Center
- October 7 Art Therapy - at the Regional Cancer Center
- October 14 Reiki - at the Regional Cancer Center
- October 21 Nutritional Education - at the Regional Cancer Center
- October 28 Message Therapy - at the Regional Cancer Center
- November 4 Guided Imagery - at the Regional Cancer Center
Click here to register.
For more information, call (504) 503-6868. Registration deadline is September 19, 2016.
Live Well with Parkinson's
Participation in this group exercise program addresses the signs and symptoms associated with Parkinson’s disease such as shuffled gait, stooped posture, slowness and hesitance with movement, muscle tightness, and respiratory difficulties. The program promotes exercises intended to help with balance and stability, functional strength, postural awareness, flexibility, facial mobility, and cardiovascular endurance. Class is included in a Wellness Center Disease Management membership of $50 per month. Non-member fee is $10 a day.