Starting a new year is a great time to start fresh with a weight loss plan! Here are some tips to kick-start your New Year's weight loss goals:
- Start keeping a food record: writing down everything you eat is a great way to start realizing how much you are actually eating
- Start paying attention to portion sizes: the amount of food more than the types make a big difference when you are watching your waistline
- When reading labels always check the calories: to find out how many calories your body needs to loose weight, contact a Registered Dietitian to set up an appointment for weight loss counseling!
- Don't forget to start exercising: the more you move, the more calories you'll burn – every 10 minutes of consistent moderate intensity activity such as walking adds up throughout the day!
- Try to aim for 45-60 minutes of moderate intensity activity 5-6 days per week to help maintain your weight loss.
Contact Rebecca Lee at (504) 849-6801 to set up an appointment for weight loss nutrition counseling.