Per serving: 177 calories, 26.1g protein, 4.3g carbohydrate, 0.7g dietary fiber, 5.5g total fat (1.9g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, Carbohydrate choices: 0.3
After a quick prep, and just 25 minutes in the oven, this low fat roast should be slightly pink inside for tender and juicy slices.
- 1 pork tenderloin, about 1 pound, trimmed of fat
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, put through press or finely minced
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard or grainy brown mustard
- 1 slice whole grain bread, grated to make coarse crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian herbs or oregano
PREHEAT the oven to 450°F. Rub the tenderloin with pepper and garlic, then mustard. Toss the bread crumbs with the parsley, Parmesan, and oregano. Dredge the tenderloin in the seasoned crumbs, patting firmly so they'll adhere.
ROAST on a lightly oiled, rimmed pan for 25 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 160°F (slightly pink in the center) or 170°F (well done). Let stand for 10 minutes before carving.