A good weight loss program requires two basic components of equal importance: eating right and exercising regularly. A regular exercise program that is a combination of moderate and vigorous exercise, with physician approval, would be the best program to follow.
A good meal plan that emphasizes weight loss is one that needs to be followed on most days, at most meals.
The meal plan that you follow should be one that is high in lean protein, low in sugar, high in fiber, low in non-essential additives and balanced with clean carbohydrates. It should also include a moderate intake of unsaturated fatty acids.
Here are five of the best foods that emphasize weight loss.
- Greek yogurt (low fat) - high protein, low sugar alternative to regular yogurts
- Nuts - high in unsaturated fats; help you feel full quickly
- Cottage Cheese (low fat) - high protein snack
- Fiber - takes longer to digest keeping you fuller longer and helps regulate blood sugars
- Eggs - high in protein, low in fat; full-feeling way to start the morning