Per serving: 127 calories, 1.6g protein, 23.3g carbohydrate, 3.6g dietary fiber, 3.5g total fat (0.5g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, Carbohydrate choices: 1.6
Don't wait until Thanksgiving. This toasty side dish is always good with chicken or turkey, or with pork tenderloin, also as colorful hash browns for an autumn brunch.
- 1½ pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Nonstick spray
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 Granny Smith apples, unpeeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
PREHEAT the oven to 400°F. Cut the sweet potatoes into 1-inch chunks. Cut the onion into ½-inch dice.
GENTLY TOSS the sweet potatoes and onion in a large bowl with the oil and thyme. Season well with black pepper.
ARRANGE in a single layer in a roasting pan or baking dish coated with nonstick spray. Place rosemary sprigs on top.
ROAST for 30 minutes, gently turning with a spatula every 10 minutes. Add the apples; toss to combine; continue roasting for 20 to 30 minutes, until tender and lightly browned.