Men and women, as we all know, have different body compositions, even though they share most of the same basic human characteristics. Women may, for example, contract certain types of cancers that men are not susceptible to, and there are other ailments unique to women, the risks of which often increase with age.
A program of consistent exercise and regular medical checkups may help ward off certain conditions specific to women or at least lessen their impact. A healthy diet is important too. Here is a list of some of the top five foods for women and a little bit about what they do:
- Super-dark chocolate - improves mood by increasing serotonin and other positive brain chemicals
- Low-fat milk - high in calcium and vitamin D, both of which are essential for bones and teeth
- Kale - loaded with folate, an important B vitamin for women
- Lean red meats - lower in calories, high in protein and high in iron
- Broccoli - a great source of calcium and B vitamins