East Jefferson General Hospital Inpatient Rehabilitation offers a 24 bed, all private room facility to patients recovering from illness and injury. Our program has been accredited eight consecutive times by the Commission of Accreditation for Rehabilitation Facilities, has been recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital, 1st in Louisiana and is an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission. Our rehab team offers you and your family personalized care in an effort to help you maximize your independence and reach your goals.
Pre-Admission Qualifying Criteria:
- The patient will require the active and ongoing therapeutic intervention of multiple therapy disciplines (physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, or prosthetics/orthotics), one of which will be physical or occupational therapy.
- The patient will require an intensive rehabilitation therapy program consisting of at least 3 hours of therapy per day, at least 5 days per week or at least 15 hours of intensive rehabilitation therapy within a 7 consecutive day period.
- The patient can reasonably be expected to actively participate in, and benefit significantly from, the intensive rehabilitation therapy program at the time of admission.
- The patient requires physician supervision by a rehabilitation physician to assess the patient both medically and functionally, as well as to modify the course or treatment as needed.
- The patient requires an intensive and coordinated interdisciplinary approach to providing rehabilitation.
The Rehab Team Includes:
- Rehab Physician
- Physical Therapist
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech Therapist
- Rehab Nurse
- Social Worker
- Admission Liaison
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Pastoral Care