At East Jefferson General Hospital we remain at the forefront when it comes to stroke care and prevention. With countless awards, accolades and top rankings, you can rest assured knowing that you are in the best of hands when you arrive under the care of our EJGH Physicians, nurses and other Team Members.
Our team is dedicated to offering the most comprehensive program of its kind in Louisiana. When a patient comes to the Emergency Department with symptoms of stroke:
- Our goal is to evaluate a stroke patient within 10 minutes of arrival.
- Each patient is evaluated and treated using a uniform and extensive set of guidelines that address both emergency treatment and ongoing care.
- A head CT scan is most commonly done, but a brain MRI or other scan can be performed as well and interpreted within 45 minutes of the stroke patient being admitted.
- A fully functioning medical laboratory is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week to analyze and provide test results in a timely manner.
- A neurosurgeon is available, if needed.