Senographe Essential e Mammography
- The latest platform for both current and future applications
- Exclusive Rhodium track to increase contrast and visibility of lesions in dense or difficult breasts with optimized level of dose
- GE’s exclusive Automatic Exposure Control measures and selects exposure parameters based on breast density measurements over the entire surface of the detector.
- GE’s exclusive image algorithms, Premium View and Fine View, improves diagnostic image quality, contrast, sharpness and reading speed.
East Jefferson General Hospital is proud to be among the first to introduce breast tomosynthesis or 3D mammography to our region. This revolutionary technology allows for imaging of the breast from multiple angles. This can significantly increase the accuracy of mammography, especially for women who are premenopausal, women with dense breasts or those with increased risk factors.
GE Prodigy DexaScan
The Prodigy is a powerful tool for assessing and managing osteoporosis as well as body composition and overall total body health. The Prodigy allows for accurate assessments of the spine, femur and total body measurements.
- Dual energy vertebral assessment (DVA)
- Advanced Hip Assessment (including Hip Axis Length, Cross-Sectional Moment of Inertia, and Color bone mapping)
- Total body / body composition
Philips Panorama 1.OT High Field Open MRI
This high-field open MRI, located at the East Jefferson Imaging Center, provides a unique combination of open architecture and high-quality images. Roomy enough for large patients, this system helps put everyone at ease including elderly, claustrophobic, and pediatric patients.
- Spacious, open design
- Nearly 360 degree field of view
- Higher quality images than typical open MRI units, resulting in more accurate diagnoses.
For scheduling or questions, call (504) 885-4223.
Ask about our patient-friendly extended hours.
Siemens FLASH CT
East Jefferson General Hospital brings the latest in CT technology to you with the installation of the first dual energy/dual source CT scanner in Louisiana - the Siemens FLASH. This innovative CT combines two X-ray tubes and two separate detectors for unparalleled scan speed and simultaneously reduced radiation dose. Patient comfort is improved by shorter scan times, and, in many cases, the elimination of breath holds. In addition, because the entire heart can be imaged in less than half a heartbeat, sharper, more detailed images of the coronary arteries can be obtained, even in patients with arrhythmias and rapid heart rates.
For more questions and scheduling, contact (504) 883-6900.
The PET Fusion Center of East Jefferson General Hospital houses the most advanced HD Time-of-Flight PET/CT in Southeast Louisiana. Recognized as the most significant advance in medical imaging in the past three decades, PET/CT has become the standard for cancer imaging. This technology combines the functional information from an FDG PET Scan with the anatomical information from CT into a single scan. This combination of both technologies in a 3-D format allows for the precise localization of metabolic changes in a patient's body.
The results of PET/CT have been documented to change clinical management in numerous malignancies resulting in improved patient care. From evaluating nodules to staging lung, esophageal, colorectal, pancreatic, ovarian, head and neck, and breast cancers, as well as lymphoma and melanoma, the use of this technology continues to expand. Detecting early response to therapy with PET/CT enables treatment to be tailored to an individual patient, avoiding potentially ineffective and expensive drugs.
PET/CT advantages include:
- Most advanced technology
- Proven accuracy in diagnosing, staging and monitoring response to therapies in many types of cancer
- Improves effectiveness of radiation therapy
- Provides biopsy guidance
- Faster, more accurate and cost effective than separate PET and CT scans
For more questions and to schedule an appointment, call (504) 503-6295.
64-Slice Philips Brilliance and Siemens Sensation CT scanners
With our 64-Slice Philips Brilliance and Siemens Sensation CT scanners, East Jefferson General Hospital provides greater detail and more volume coverage in a single breath hold, resulting in the clearest possible images and less time on the table for patients. We are experts in advanced, 3D applications, including CT colongraphy, CT angiography, CT enterography, and complex surgical planning studies.
We combine our cutting-edge technology with the expertise of highly trained, board-certified radiologists, including subspecialists in body, musculoskeletal, neuroradiology and interventional/vascular radiology.
For questions or scheduling, call:
- East Jefferson Imaging Center: (504) 885-4223
- East Jefferson General Hospital: (504) 454-4164
Discovery NM 530c Nuclear Medicine Camera
East Jefferson General Hospital is one of the first sites in the country to install the advanced GE Discovery NM 530c nuclear medicine camera. The higher sensitivity of this camera and the improved resolution allow more accurate imaging of the heart during cardiac stress tests, greatly reducing the false positive rate and often eliminating the need for additional testing. In addition, patients benefit from the shorter exam time and reduced radiation dose.
- Ergonomically designed arm and leg supports reduce joint strain and enable more natural patient positioning
- Up to a 4-fold increase in sensitivity and zero equipment motion for improved image quality
- Flexibility to allow physicians to manage dose more effectively
- Scans as fast as three minutes
- Potential for 3-D dynamic acquisitions
For questions or scheduling, call (504) 883-6900.
Ask about our more patient-friendly extended hours.
UroNav Fusion Biopsy System
UroNav fuses pre-biopsy MR images of the prostate with ultrasound-guided biopsy images in real time, for excellent delineation of the prostate and suspicious lesions.