We are thrilled that construction on our new Outpatient Oncology Infusion Center is nearing completion. This project is made possible through generous donations from the community to The Foundation at EJGH. When completed in the next few weeks, EJGH will be able to serve the cancer needs of our community like never before. This treatment center will allow our cancer fighters to save more lives and do it in a space that promotes healing, recovery and stress reduction.
The new Outpatient Oncology Infusion Center is scheduled to open in early 2014 and will include the following enhancements:
- Outpatient Infusion Center capacity and footprint will triple from our current site.
- Increase in the number of infusion stations from 8 to 22. Each infusion station will be an individual, more private treatment area complete with a specialized recliner and all necessary clinical equipment.
- Increase number of exam rooms with beds from 3 to 7.
- Expand infusion Fast Track area to more quickly serve patients.
- Incorporate a multi-media conference room for physicians and care team to host video conferencing, presentations, and educational offerings.
- Expand Cancer Resource Library to offer patients and their support system access to computer stations and the most up-to-date research and educational material.
- Expand patient access and registration area to welcome and register patients more efficiently.
- Provide an atheistically pleasing and comfortable patient experience that promotes healing and recovery.