We appreciate your interest in the Podiatric Residency Program at East Jefferson General Hospital. In order to be considered for this program, the following requirements must be fulfilled.
- Must be a graduate in good standing of a college of Podiatric Medicine approved by the Council of Education of the American Podiatric Medical Association.
- Must apply through CASPR only.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or must be a permanent resident in the United States, since we do not sponsor any type of visas.
- Must have passed Boards I, II, & III. No minimum passing scores are required at this time and must obtain a full, unrestricted Louisiana Medical license (the fee will be paid by the hospital).
- Must provide at least three (3) professional letters of recommendation.
We also accept one 4th year student per month for a one-month clerkship.
Candidates meeting these requirements will be considered for an interview and will be contacted by phone by the Residency Coordinator through CASPR.