The 2017 Donna Swartzfager Memorial Fund Award Winners were announced this past week and were recognized in front of hospital officials and Team Members for their outstanding ambition and dedication to providing top-tier healthcare.
The Donna Swartzfager Fund provides financial awards to East Jefferson General Hospital Team Members seeking higher education, professional development growth and certifications. This semi-endowed fund is a donor directed fund that is managed through the investments and Investment Committee of The Foundation.
The fund was created in 2010 after the sudden passing of then Medical Staff Director Donna Swartzfager from heart disease. Medical staff leadership and Donna’s family – husband Ken, siblings Ronnie Zarba and Carol McDaniel and children Kelly and Kyle -created and oversee the disbursements of the fund, which serves as a living memorial to honor the service, dedication and guidance Donna provided to the medical staff and team members during her long tenure at EJGH.
This year's recipients are:
- Wendy Arnold - Volunteer Leaders Education Conference
- Marie Pappas - Certified Nursing Assistant Certification
- Michelle Wilson - BSN, Holy Cross
- Marta Highstreet - Pain Management National Conference
- Susan Bailey - Respiratory Care Leadership Institute
- Shahnaz Sadeghzadeh - First Assistant Certification
- Kimberely Crawford - Oncology Social Work Certification
- Chloe Villavaso - Cardiovascular Nurses Symposium
- Sandy Sutton - Academy of Nutrition Annual Meeting