In order to address the growing risk of Type 2 (T2) Diabetes in our region, we have launched the EJGH Prevent T2 Program!
PreventT2 is part of the National Diabetes Prevention Program, led by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). It is proven to help people with prediabetes prevent or delay development of type 2 diabetes.
As part of a PreventT2 group, you will work with other participants and a trained lifestyle coach to learn the skills you need to make lasting changes. These changes include losing a modest amount of weight, being more physically active, and managing stress.
Cynthia Freudenthal and Rose Wade are both experienced nurses and diabetes counselors who have been specially trained to become lifestyle coaches and help guide you on a path to better health.
Being part of a group provides support from other people who are facing similar challenges and trying to make the same changes you are. Together you can celebrate successes and find ways to overcome obstacles.
|Prevent T2 Program
- Did you know reducing your weight by just 5-7% reduces your risk of Type 2 diabetes by 58%!
- The proper diet and exercise program not only reduces your risk of Type 2 diabetes, it reduces, and can eliminate, the need for medications.
- This evidence based program provides the coaching and support to make healthy changes fun and much easier.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Fasting blood glucose of 100-125
- A1C of 5.7-6.4
- History of gestational diabetes
- Recent (within the past year) blood test or claim code indicating pre-diabetes
- BMI ≥25 kg/m (≥23 kg/m if Asian)
- Never diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes
Hearing your doctor say, “You’re at risk for type 2 diabetes,” or “You have prediabetes,” means that you can start preventing type 2 diabetes today. And you do not have to do it alone. Finding the PreventT2 program was your first step on that journey. If you have prediabetes, now is the time for prevention.
Contact Cindy Freudenthal RN, CDE at (504) 503-4165 to register today!