- Extremely precise, minimizing radiation damage to normal tissue
- Ensures that the tumor or lesion receives even distribution of the prescribed radiation dose by shaping the beam to accurately match the outline of the tumor or lesion
- Optimized to deliver radiosurgery in the shortest possible time, averaging 15 minutes, preventing errors due to minor movements during long treatments
- One of the most advanced technologies for radiation treatment available today
- Non-invasive, with only minor incisions for cranial halo procedures
- Painless – treatment is usually performed on an outpatient basis
- Conventional radiation therapy requires multiple doses at lower levels because while attacking cancerous growths, it also can destroy normal, healthy tissue. Radiosurgery, however, can be delivered in a single dose because of its focus directly on the tumor. While sparing the surrounding healthy tissue, it allows for a significantly higher dose of radiation to the tumor.
Novalis Tx’s accuracy and power allows for a shorter treatment time and a more patient-friendly process. Other treatment may require restraints and can last up to four hours with older technologies. The Novalis Tx is designed to accommodate frameless radiosurgery. It can perform the same procedure, without the need for painful or invasive restraints, and in a fraction of the time.
Imagine undergoing brain or spinal surgery and returning to normal activities that day. It’s happening at East Jefferson General Hospital, one of only a handful of hospitals in the United States to pair the Novalis Tx with the advanced Trilogy Stereotactic System.