EJGH COVID-19 Phase II, Visitor’s Guidelines
The health and safety of our patients, visitors, team members and community remains our top priority. We realize that this can be a stressful time as you deal with having a loved one who is hospitalized with limited visitation. As we have moved into Phase 2 re-opening, our visitor guidelines have been updated as follows:
All Visitors Must:
• Wear masks at all times while on premises.
• Wear wristbands in all in-patient care or procedure areas above the first floor.
• Enter through an entry checkpoint where they will be assessed for COVID-19 before entering, (anyone demonstrating flu-like symptoms or has a fever of 100 degrees or greater may not enter).
• Be 18 years of age or older.
• Limit themselves to their loved one’s room, the gift shop, and the cafeteria/café/atrium area.
Those Visiting Hospitalized Patients:
• Must enter through the EJGH Front Main Entrance.
• Each patient is limited to one visitor between 10am-8pm. Once a visitor has presented that day, only THAT visitor will be permitted for that patient that day.
• Patients undergoing cancer care, infusion therapy, or invasive outpatient procedures may have one visitor.
• Patients in the Emergency Department may have one visitor.
• Behavioral Health and Skilled Nursing Unit Patients are currently not allowed visitors.
• Radiology, lab, mammography and other non-invasive patients are not allowed visitors.
Visitor Access in End-of-Life Circumstances:
• Two (2) visitors will be allowed.
Overnight Visitor’s Access:
• Patients admitted through the Emergency Department or Same-Day-Stay scheduled to have surgery that day may have one (1) overnight visitor.
• There will be no overnight visitation except as outlined above or in special circumstances involving language barriers or where a necessary caregiver is required.
Thank you for your cooperation as we all adapt to each phase of reopening.